VidiX, the Advanced Video Ads plugin for Revive Adserver, provides full VAST 2.0 compliance for Revive Adserver. Creating a VAST2 compatible pre-roll video ad is simple, and requires no special technical expertise.
Benefits of Advanced Video Ads created with VidiX
The benefits include:
- Makes Revive Adserver fully compliant with the VAST 2.0 (Video Ad Serving Template) protocol defined by the IAB.
- Works with any video player that is VAST 2.0 compliant, including JWPLayer, Flowplayer, Video JS, and others.
- Capable of displaying third-party provided VAST 2.0 video tags from ad networks, RTB systems, agencies and advertisers.
- Capable of displaying self-hosted media files (FLV, MP4, WEBM)
- Adds ability to specify multiple media files in one ad, allowing the video player being used to select the most suitable format for the specific device.
Features of Advanced Video Ads plugin – VidiX
The VidiX plugin has the following features:
Creating a self-hosted in-stream video ad
The VidiX plugin extends the built-in functionality of Revive Adserver to enable specifying multiple media file formats.
- When VidiX is installed, a new tab appears on any existing Video Ads banner, with fields to specify two additional media files:
Creating a third-party network video ad
- The VidiX plugin adds a custom banner type called “Network Video Ad”:
- Once this type has been selected, you can enter a VAST 2.0 tag received from a third party:
Entering additional third party trackers
A much requested feature for video ads, is the ability to enter additional third party trackers. In traditional banners, this can be implemented easily with the help of the Append field in the Advanced tab, but this is ignored with video ads. The Advanced Video Ads plugin presents a new “Additional trackers” tab:
On this tab, there is a box where any number of trackers can be pasted:
Each of these trackers will be included in the XML output of the VAST2 tag that is produced by the zone to which this banner is linked.
Generating a VAST2 video invocation code (a “VAST2 tag”) from Revive Adserver
The VidiX plugin extends any zone defined as type “in-line video” with a new tab called “VAST 2.0” invocation code:
Simply copy the invocation code provided on the page and use it to configure any VAST2 compliant video player to request ads from this zone. Or send this VAST2 tag to any third party publisher, ad network, or exchange in order to deliver VAST2 pre-roll ads to others.
Will Chung – Asian Media Group
VidiX, the Advanced Video Ads plugin for Revive Adserver, costs 899 US$ for a life time license. This license fee includes all software upgrades released in the first year after the license is purchased. There is a software upgrade subscription that costs 15% of the initial purchase price per annum, to continue receiving software upgrades after the first year.
Or use the form below to contact us if you have special requirements.
Contact us for more information
If you are interested in VidiX, the Advanced Video Ads plugin for Revive Adserver, we invite you to submit the form below.