The VidiX plugin has been open sourced in September 2023, and it became an integral part of the Revive Adserver software.
Read the full announcement.
Video Ads plugin for Revive Adserver
Creating a VAST2 compatible pre-roll video ad is simple, and requires no special technical expertise.
Seeing is believing!
Here is an actual working demonstration of a pre-roll video ad integrated into an HTML5 video player, using Revive Adserver extended with the VidiX plugin.
Just tap the play button in the player to see a pre-roll followed by a sample video.
Benefits of Advanced Video Ads created with VidiX
The benefits include:
- Makes Revive Adserver fully compliant with the VAST 2.0 (Video Ad Serving Template) protocol defined by the IAB.
- Works with any video player that is VAST 2.0 compliant, including JWPLayer, Flowplayer, Video JS, and others.
- Capable of displaying third-party provided VAST 2.0 video tags from ad networks, RTB systems, agencies and advertisers.
- Capable of displaying self-hosted media files (FLV, MP4, WEBM)
- Adds ability to specify multiple media files in one ad, allowing the video player being used to select the most suitable format for the specific device.
Features of the Advanced Video Ads plugin for Revive Adserver
The features include:
- Create a self-hosted in-stream video ad, with multiple alternate media file types if required
- Create a third-party network video ad
- Enter additional third party trackers
- Generate a VAST2 video invocation code (a “VAST2 tag”)
I got the software and had no problem with installation. We tested an invocation tag on a VAST validator and it’s working flawlessly.